Waypoint Media has immediate openings for a main anchor team based at NewsHub in Little Rock, AR.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing ownership groups in the industry.
The Main News Anchor will lead the evening and late weekday newscasts. The position is Monday – Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Anchor a variety of newscasts
• Reviews copy and correct errors in content grammar and punctuation in alignment with editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the on-air broadcasts, the web, and other digital platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users in person and on social media sites.
• Mentor younger journalists in the newsroom
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad-lib when required
• Minimum three years experience in news reporting or anchoring
Salary & Benefits
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time off & Holiday Pay / Time
Candidates must be able to successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
Please email a cover letter, video reel and references to Shawn Reynolds, Group Director of News and Content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.