BANNER_COVID-19_SALES_DIRECTORY.png

MAEEX Fires Ruled Accidental

The two fires that happened at the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience construction site on Wednesday, are confirmed to be accidental.

 

The first fire happened at approximately 10:20am when an overheated tar kettle caught fire.  The onsite workers were evacuated immediately, which resulted in leftover building material being left on top of the roof.  At approximately 5:40pm this material ignited, which is said to be the cause of the second fire.  The Meridian fire department responded quickly to the construction site and extinguished both fires before the blaze got out of hand and major damage was done to the multi-million-dollar building. 

 

The MAX is still scheduled to open by April 27th, 2018.

 

 

 

 

Please reload

Covid 19 home page (2).png
Toggle Closed Captions on/off through the YouTube video player settings

Archives

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square