A family of six is slowly putting their life back together after their home was destroyed in a fire Tuesday night.
“I was cooking supper and my two smallest kids were on the couch. Mason said, ‘Mommy I smell smoke.’ I thought he was being funny because I was cooking. And he was like, ‘No seriously.’ so we got up and started looking. That’s when I saw it and got them out and called 911,” said Elizabeth Manns.
The family then watched as their house went up in flames.
“As we were waiting for the fire department, it just got worse and worse. It was heartbreaking. I was scared to death,” said Manns.
The fire started around six that evening. Firefighters responded to the scene 15 minutes later and took roughly 45 minutes to battle the flames.
Firefighters say the damage was due to an electrical fire. Luckily no one was hurt. But the family lost all their belongings.
“Everything. We lost everything,” said Manns.
The family is currently staying in a hotel through the assistance of the American Red Cross.
If you would like to make a donation, you can go to the Meridian Credit Union and donate in the name of Deborah Davidson.